Maple Hills Pool Rules*
Lifeguards may remove anyone from the pool area for violation of the following rules:
MEMBERS AND GUESTS USE THE POOL AT THEIR OWN RISK.
- This pool is not open to the public. Paid members only.
- All members are responsible for their guests and their guests’ actions.
- Proper swim suits shall be worn. No clothing or underwear are allowed in the pool. See lifeguard or Pool Manager if uncertain of swim wear.
- Admission will be refused to any person with an infectious disease, open sore or wound.
- If you have a communicable disease that can be transmitted by water or have been ill with diarrhea or vomiting in the past two weeks, do not use the pool.
- Swimmers with seizure, heart or circulatory problems are advised to swim with another person.
- Showers are required for all swimmers before entering the pool.
- No running or horseplay will be tolerated in the pool area.
- Only approved toys or floatation devices in the main pool.
- Floatation devices not allowed in the main pool include life jackets, kickboards, water wings, swimsuits with floaters, inflatable toys of any kind.
- Swim diapers only allowed in the pool.
- Diapers must be changed in the designated diaper changing area or the restrooms.
- No guns are allowed in the pool premises or in the park.
- No smoking is allowed in or around the pool area.
- No intoxicating beverages or drugs allowed on pool premises or in the park.
- No glass containers allowed in pool enclosure for your safety.
- No animals allowed in the pool area.
- Children using the wading pool must be accompanied by an adult or lifeguard approved guardian. Only children under 5 years of age allowed to use the wading pool.
- Non-swimmers under the age of 5 must be one-on-one with an adult or lifeguard approved guardian age 13 or over while in the main pool. The adult or guardian must be in the water with the child.
- Non-swimmers must be one-on-one with an adult or a lifeguard approved guardian 15 or over to swim in the deep end. The adult or guardian must be in the water with the child.
- A swim test must be given to children 12 and under who want to swim in the deep end independently.
- Children 11 and under must be supervised at the pool by an adult or authorized minor 15 years old or older unless a waiver is signed.
- A signed permission slip must be on file at the pool for children who are using the pool under the supervision of persons other than their parents.
- Only employees are allowed behind the desk and in the filter room.
- In any situation the lifeguard have the authority to enforce all of the rules to ensure the health and safety of the patrons at the pool. In any situation the lifeguards have control and must be obeyed.
- Phone and first aid kit for emergency use is located in the office.
*Bathing caps are optional, however, we advise that long hair be bound or braided.
*No loitering in the bathrooms or the office.
*Exceptions may be made to rules for special events outside of normal operating hours.
If a person continually abuses these rules, endangers others, or otherwise becomes a nuisance, that person is subject to expulsion from the pool for a time to be set by the Pool Manager. In all cases where the offender is a minor a letter will be sent home explaining why the child is being expelled from the pool. The letter must be signed by a parent/guardian and returned to the Pool Manager.
Definition: A non-swimmer cannot independently swim one complete length of the pool non-stop.